This is our latest Weekly Wire RoundUp in which we summarize the key points of all stories we covered in the past week. Here’s a roundup of all the news we covered.
Mayor Lock Dawson Announces Millions in State Funding and Investments for the City of Riverside According to the updated 2022–2023 budget of the state, five major investments will be made in Riverside County. These investments will improve the quality of life and provide better access to different facilities in the county. Mayor Lock Dawson shared updates about State funding approved under the budget 2022-23 by Governor Gavin Newsom of California.
CSU San Bernardino Palm Desert Campus to Undergo $79M Expansion According to Coachella Valley Economic Partnership, or CVEP, “on Monday, June 27, it became public that the California Assembly and Senate reached a budget agreement with Governor Gavin Newsom that includes $79 million for expanding the CSU San Bernardino Palm Desert Campus capacity to 4,000 students“.
Riverside’s Chavez Center to get Much Needed Renovations: $25M Structural Upgradation Project Announced A newly rebuilt arts complex will benefit the youthful talent at the Riverside Arts Academy on the city’s Eastside. Legislators and community leaders from the Inland Empire announced on Friday, July 1, that the California budget for 2022–2023 contains $25 million for the renovation of the Cesar Chavez Community Center inside Bobby Bonds Park.
UCR Spinoff Basilard BioTech Featured in Reputed Journal ‘Nature’ for its Gene-Delivery Innovation Basilard BioTech was featured in Nature Journal due to its remarkable use of nanotechnology. The University of California (UC) Riverside spin-off, Basilard BioTech (basilardbiotech.com), views its “deterministic mechanoporation” technology as the pivotal point of its gene-delivery innovation. In this method, each cell is “poked” by a nanomechanical element (a silicon nanoneedle) only once, not randomly.
Same Same but Different Festival Comes to Lake Perris State Park The weekend-long seaside Same Same But Different Music & Arts Festival is unlike any other music festival you’ve ever attended. It involves camping, art, and a getaway from the ordinary, and it all takes place in Southern California. The Festival will be from September 9 to September 11, 2022, at Lake Perris State Park, California.
Magnolia Flats Project Construction Halted by Judge: Cites Traffic Congestion Issues The owners of a nearby supermarket claimed it would hinder delivery truck access and customer parking at the grocery store, leading to a court order prohibiting the development of Magnolia Flats, a proposed residential and retail hub in Riverside. Developers of the project have appealed the ruling.
1. Boots to Business Reboot – Murrieta Innovation Center – July 19 (8:30am)
2. Startup Business Bootcamp: A process to scale your business – Redlands CA – Sat Jul 23 (8am)
3. Free Co-Working Day – Temecula, CA – Jul 26 (8am)
4. Corona Chamber of Commerce Job Fair & Career Expo – Shops At Dos Lagos – Jul 23 (9am)
5. 2022 SOUTHWEST REGIONAL ECONOMIC FORECAST – Thurs, Aug 18 (7am)
6. Riverside County Women’s Leadership Conference – Crossroads Christian Church – Aug 25 (10am)
7. The 16th Annual Women in Business Conference – Thurs, September 8 (8am) Pechanga Resort Casino
8. Zero to Customer #1 (Workshop Series) Jul 16 – Sep 24 (Details At Website)
9. Connecting Faith And Business – Riverside Convention Center – Oct 13 (10am)