This is Startempire Wire’s latest Weekly Wire Roundup.
Blue Social Rebrands, To Launch Cryptocurrency Token on Dec 8 Blue Social is a mobile app. It’s revolutionizing the way we network, socialize and stay connected. They combine physical and digital social worlds, encouraging more human interactions to maximize social and business opportunities. The brand just revamped its logo. Blue Social launched its cryptocurrency coin, and for that, it held a VIP Investor Launch Party on December 8, 2022, at Grier Pavilion – City Hall Rooftop.
Temecula-based OpenTap Announces Strategic Partnership with California Craft Brewers Association Temecula-based OpenTap is the only smartphone app devoted to Independent Craft Breweries in California. OpenTap announced a strategic agreement with the California Craft Brewers Association (CCBA) on 15th November 2022.
Monster Energy Sued Bang Energy. Bang Energy Files for Bankruptcy Monster Energy, the second-largest energy drink company in the world, filed a case against Bang Energy for falsely promoting its product in Riverside, California. As a result, Bang Energy was ordered to pay Monster Energy Co. $293 million in damages.
Despite the fear over Deepfakes, here are three clever uses for it in your startup Deepfakes take their name from the fact that they use deep learning technology to create fake videos. Many deepfakes can be scarily convincing to the extent that it’s hard to tell the differences. Deepfakes are created using AI algorithms and advanced computer graphics techniques that combine photos, videos, audio recordings, and other data to create a realistic image or video.
Lucas Oil Appoints Katie Lucas as Chief Administrative Officer Lucas Oil, a producer of lubricants and additives, announced that Katie Lucas, the firm’s vice president of strategy and philanthropy, has been promoted as Chief Administrative Officer. In this position, Katie will coordinate ongoing business operations with long-term strategic objectives and oversee corporate policies, practices, campaigns, and expansion projects.
Warehousing Demand Soars with a $220M Industrial Property sale in Eastvale, Calif. Third-party logistics firm NFI Industries has sold a distribution center in Eastvale, Calif., for $220 million. Records show that Sares Regis Group sold the property after acquiring it in 2019 for $87.5 million from its developer, J.W. Mitchell Company.
(Tuesday) Cultivating a Co-working Community with Klarissa Hope of TailoredSpace Riverside
– Klarissa Hope
(Thursday) Building a Mobile Bartending & Events Platform Startup with Charles Reindorf of Happiest Ours
- Entrepreneurship Consulting Info Session – Wed Dec 14 – 9 AM [Moreno Valley Business & Employment Resource Center]
- What You Need to Know When Filing Your Taxes – Wed Dec 14 – 6 PM [12625 Frederick St. Suite K-3]
- Entrepreneurship Consulting Info Session – Wed, December 14, 2022, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PST – Moreno Valley Business & Employment Resource Center
- The PR Essentials (Virtual) Summit by The Silver Telegram – Dec 15-16, 2022, 7 am to 4 pm PT – Online
- Winter Showcase by JDS Creative Academy – Saturday, December 17th at 6 pm and/or Sunday, December 18th at 2 pm – JDS Studio
- UC Riverside Apprenticeship Info Session – Mon Dec 19 – 11 AM [Moreno Valley Business & Employment Resource Center]
- Founders Night YEAR END 2022 – THU DEC 15 – 5 PM [Riverside ExCITE]
- Breakfast Series – Thu, January 12, 2023, 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM PST – California Baptist University – Innovators Auditorium
- 2023 CVCC Job Fair Wednesday – Jan 25, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM PST – Chino Hills Community Center