This is Startempire Wire’s latest weekly wire roundup.
The City of Ontario is implementing various modern technology projects to improve the City for its citizens and enterprises. Solar panels are being installed at the Convention Center, Toyota Arena, and City Hall Annex to provide clean and renewable energy to the City. Ontario is integrating high-speed fiber internet into its infrastructure, focusing on Ontario Ranch. The plan is to install it throughout the City.
The Inland Empire’s Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) fell to 47.0, indicating a new trend of decline in the manufacturing sector in IE. It is the third consecutive month it has fallen below the threshold of 50. One of the two major PMI components, the Production Index, fell significantly from 55.6 last month to 46.3 this month. Panelists expect a flattening of the price of raw materials by the second quarter of 2023.
The SBDC EATS program is a hybrid program that teaches you how to plan, develop, and launch a food business. The program starts on Friday, January 20, and will continue until February 24. The timings will be 10 A.M to 12 A.M. The program will guide you through the research process, including identifying your niche, studying the competition, and understanding your target audience to assess the feasibility of your idea.
Cal State San Bernardino (CSUSB) has risen in the 17th annual rankings of the Princeton Review among the best graduate programs in entrepreneurial studies in the country, from position 15 to 8 in the West and from position 50 to position 44 globally. CSUSB is the only California State University campus acknowledged in the rankings. The university has developed a robust ecosystem that promotes startup activity and experience learning through IECE.
The Inland Empire offers a variety of options for day trips, including outdoor adventures, shopping, and cultural experiences. Redditors picked top destinations you might want to visit, including Oak Glen, Forrest Falls, Lake Arrowhead, Big Bear, Idyllwild, and Julian. Shopping options include Desert Hills Outlets in Cabazon, Galleria at Tyler, Victoria Gardens, and Ontario Mills.
ChatGPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a chatbot launched by OpenAI in November 2022. It is on a family of large language models. The viral AI-powered chatbot can write essays, emails, poems, and even computer code. Interestingly, it has crossed one million users within a week of its launch. It was reported that Open AI management asked users in Chat GPT’s discord server about the tentative pricing they would be willing to pay to keep using the service. It means that Open AI will soon test a paid version of its hit ChatGPT bot.
(Tuesday) Helping California Deliver on Its Recycling System with James Evans III of LOLA Housing Development
– James Evans
(Thursday) Guiding Transformative Change for Executives & Business Leaders with Bryan Barrera of LC Innovation
– Bryan Barrera
1) Chino Valley Business Workshop – Thur, Jan 19, 5-6 PM – Chamber Office (13150 Seventh St, Chino, CA 91710) or via Zoom
2) Ethical Selling Seminar – Thursday – an 19, 2023, 5:30 P.M. to 8:30 P.M. [Location is TBD (on campus]
3) 2023 CVCC Job Fair Wednesday – Jan 25, 2023, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM PST – Chino Hills Community Cente
4) State of the City Riverside by Design – Thu, Jan 26, 2023 – 5:30 PM Riverside Convention Center –
5) Murrieta MEGA Mixer 2023 – January 26, 2023 – January 27, 2023. | 500 Diamond Dr, Lake Elsinore, California
Event Held by Murrieta/Wildomar Chamber of Commerce
6) The Southwest Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce Event- February 1, 2023 – [AmPac Business Capital, Inland Empire Blvd, Ontario, CA]
7) Fontana State of the City – February 16, 2023
Time: 5 pm – 8 pm | Location: Water of Life Community Church | 7625 East Avenue, Fontana
8) Community Conversations: Black History Month – Thu, February 16, 2023, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM PST [Council Chambers at Corona City Hall]