The Eastvale STEM Academy at Eleanor Roosevelt High School is located in the Corona Norco Unified School District, a school district in Riverside County, California, that serves the cities of Corona, Norco, and Eastvale.
Eastvale STEM is a specialized program offering a rigorous curriculum for students interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
The Eastvale STEM Academy offers two pathways for students: medical science or engineering/computer science. The program then prepares students to be college and career ready in the STEM fields upon graduation through partnerships.
We covered this in our Weekly Wire Roundup
Questions Answered About eSTEM Academy.
Their academy does not restrict enrollment, and hence there are no strict criteria, requirements, or interviews for STEM students except that students should be interested in and committed to the STEM program.
The academy caps the number of student enrollments at 190 each year.
- STEM students take four years of science
- It should take 4 years of mathematics
- Completing 4 years of STEM electives
- Must take summer school
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing once in the program
- Expected to complete an annual science project in 9th and 10th grades
Here is a link to the walkthrough video of this four-year program.
Importance of STEM Education
The image below captures the importance of STEM in the job market.
Other Stories You Might Find Interesting
- Top 10 Startup Investors in the Inland Empire Region
- OASIS: An Initiative by UCR to Foster Innovation for Social Good
- UCR Tech Partnerships Awarded $900K Under CARES Act To Aid Small Businesses Recovery
Our goal at Startempire Wire is to act as a megaphone to connect the dots between the best startups, events, and people in the Inland Empire. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.