This week we covered the following news and below you will find the link followed by an excerpt from each article.
Inland Prosperity Conference 2022: Meet the Leading Womenpreneurs: The Women’s Business Center of the Inland Empire and Coachella Valley has invited citizens to participate in Inland Prosperity Week in 2022. This is a fantastic opportunity to network with other female entrepreneurs while learning from accomplished business owners.
California State University: No More SAT/ACT Tests for Undergraduate Admissions: The SAT and ACT standardized examinations are no longer required for undergraduate admissions at the California State University. The University’s Board of Trustees overwhelmingly passed a resolution to eliminate the two exams from undergraduate applications, which significantly altered the university’s admissions procedures. This means that SAT and ACT results will not be utilized to determine admission to the university.
Greater Ontario Restaurant Week Is Coming! Time to Celebrate With a Meal: Greater Ontario Restaurant Week is a marketing initiative that highlights, promotes, and promotes restaurants in the communities of Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga, California. This annual nine-day window in August highlights the distinct culinary offerings at some of the area’s best eateries! The initiative will start on 5 August 2022 and will end on 14 August 2022.
Product of the Year Award Goes to Riverside, CA based Bourns IsoMOV Protectors: Bourns, Inc., a prominent electronic component manufacturer and supplier, announced on February 22nd that their IsoMOV protectors had received the Electronic Products 2021 Product of the Year Award for Passives. The Bourns® IsoMOV hybrid protection component was a significant advancement in MOV device design. The wholly integrated GDT and MOV hybrid design delivers a cutting-edge protection solution that addresses MOV deterioration while significantly improving surge performance, operating life, and device dependability.
AmPac Provides COVID-19 Relief Grants to Microbusinesses of San Bernardino County – Limited Funds Available: The COVID-19 Relief Grant provided by AmPac Business Capital for San Bernardino County’s micro-businesses is intended to help businesses that have faced economic challenges due to the global pandemic. The Board of Supervisors of San Bernardino County approved a $2,500 grant to be distributed to qualifying companies. Soon, applications will be available. San Bernardino County is pleased to provide this award to its local businesses.
CalOSBA Launches $2.5M iHub2 Grant to Accelerate 10 Tech and Science-based Hubs: CalOSBA will select and award ten applications to incubate and advance technology and science-based businesses in underrepresented communities and regions. A 5-year agreement with the State of California will mark the formal certification as an iHub2. CalOSBA will grant each chosen iHub2 $250,000 to create and grow programs during the first year of operation.
Upcoming Meetups & Meetings. NEXT TWO WEEKS
- #IEWP Monthly Meetup (General Meetup) – Tue, April https://www.meetup.com/inlandempirewp/events/ffkdrsydcgbhb/
- Open Pitch Nights 1 & 2 – Tue – Wed, April 5- 6 https://iece.ticketleap.com/csusb-2022-open-pitch-nights/
- Riverside Regional Pitch Competition at ExCITE – Thurs, April 7 (5:30) https://www.linkedin.com/events/riversideregionalpitchcompetiti6912514325765132288/about/
- VIRTUAL WordPress Developer Night – #IEWP – Tue, April 12, Tue https://www.meetup.com/inlandempirewp/events/ctggnrydcgbqb/
- VIRTUAL WordPress Workshop Night – #IEWP – Thurs, April 14, Thu https://www.meetup.com/inlandempirewp/events/jhqtssydcgbsb/
- In-person – Robot Meeting! – April 16, Sat https://www.meetup.com/The-Riverside-Robotics-Society/events/bgtvssydcgbvb/
- Grand opening for ExCITE and Riverside Angel Summit Check Presentations – April 21 (5:30) https://exciteriverside.org/
- FTR FST S//\ (Spring 2022) – Friday 22 Apr 22