The COVID-19 Relief Grant provided by Ampac Business Capital for San Bernardino County’s micro-businesses is intended to help businesses that have faced economic challenges due to the global pandemic. The Board of Supervisors of San Bernardino County approved a $2,500 grant to be distributed to qualifying companies. Soon, applications will be available.
We Covered this in our Weekly Wire Roundup
San Bernardino County is pleased to provide this award to its local businesses.
What Do You Need to Apply for This Grant?
The following papers must be included with the application for evaluation and approval:
- Personal Identification Documents: Driver’s License, State-issued ID, Passport, or Permanent Resident Identification Card (Green Card)
- Business information: A business license, a CA statement of information, or a health permit are all examples of business information.
- Tax Documentation for the Years 2019 and 2020
- Payroll Tax Forms or Payroll Statements are used to verify employment.
- In addition, be prepared to provide a statement on how the COVID-19 epidemic has impacted your business and how you plan to recover.
Below are some basic questions regarding the MICROBUSINESS COVID-19 RELIEF GRANT:
How to Ensure Your Business Qualifies for This Grant?
The following requirements must be met by businesses and non-profits to be eligible for this Grant:
- Your business should be within San Bernardino County;
- The company should be formed before December 31, 2019;
- Five or fewer full-time workers;
- Gross revenues of $50,000 or less in the 2019 and 2020 tax years;
- The company did not receive the Lendistry California, Relief Grant.
Which Companies Are Ineligible for the COVID-19 Microbusiness Relief Grant?
Suppose your company falls into one of the following categories. In that case, you are not eligible to apply: Residential or Real Estate projects, including short-term rental businesses, Native American Tribes, Government entities, elected officials and county staff; passive companies, investment companies, and investors who file a Schedule E on their tax returns; Financial institutions or businesses primarily engaged in the business of lending; businesses that restrict patronage for any reason other than safety; companies that restrict trade for any reason other than safety; businesses that restrict patronage for any reason other than safety; businesses that restrict patronage for any reason other than safety; companies that restrict patron.
Is It Necessary to File a Tax Return for the Last Year?
No, explaining why your tax return was not submitted in 2019 would suffice. Prepare a written statement with business information, a statement, and the business owner’s signature. This document can be used instead of the 2019 tax document when uploading.
For the application process, San Bernardino County is collaborating with AmPac Business Capital as the servicer so if you’ve any questions, use the following contact details:
AmPac Business Capital
3110 #B Inland Empire Blvd.
Ontario, CA 91764
For further FAQS, please visit the official website here: https://selectsbcounty.com/major-initiatives/microbusiness-covid-19-relief-grant