This week, we covered the following news and you may read them in detail by visiting the links given below.
Aviation Careers Pathway for High School Students in Ontario
The City of Ontario, Ontario International Airport (ONT) and Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) have partnered to offer an eight-week course free of charge to high school juniors and seniors who live in the City. Instruction would take place at the airport over consecutive Saturdays, from April 23-June 11. Each class will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 12:10 p.m.
Riverside Agtech Startup FarmSense Gets Big Press Coverage With TechCrunch
Pests cause a 20-40% loss of agricultural production worldwide, according to Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). The organization estimates that “plant diseases cost the global economy around $220 billion, and invasive insects around US$70 billion“.
Riverside, California-based Agtech startup FarmSense, founded in 2016, is tackling this problem of crop pest monitoring through its FlightSensor that uses novel optical sensor technology to automate the process of real-time insect classification and counting.
Governor Newsom’s California Blueprint: $22.5B for Climate including $6.1B for EV Initiatives – Five Major Areas Addressed
Governor Gavin Newsom presented a budget proposal of $286.4 Billion dubbed as California Blueprint. The proposed budget tackles five areas of California’s economy, including:
- Safety on streets
- Climate Change and electrification
CBRE Bullish on the U.S. Real Estate Market Outlook for 2022
CBRE, a global leader in commercial real estate services and investment, released its annual market outlook report titled “U.S. Real Estate Market Outlook 2022” in which it projects steady demand for new real estate in the country.
Ryder Gobbles Up e-Commerce Fulfillment Company Whiplash Logistics for $480M: Distribution and Logistics Market Heats Up
Warehouse and fulfillment center business is going through demand-led growth, a phenomenon whereby an increase in demand stimulates an increase in supply. The latest is that Ryder, an American transportation and logistics company will acquire e-commerce and omnichannel fulfillment provider Whiplash for $480 million.
Riverside Audio Tech Startup Edge Sound Research in CES 2022
Audio technology startup Edge Sound Research has come up with a new sound technology in which users can both hear sound between 0 – 20,000Hz and feel sound between 0 – 2000Hz with an intelligent design. The design aspect of its tech allows computational audio ensuring better sound quality no matter what surface Edge Sound devices are attached to.
The Riverside-California startup first participated in the esteemed Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2020. It has again made it to the CES 2022 in which it displayed its patent pending technology.
Upcoming Meetups & Meetings
- BCCIE Business Mixer – Mon Jan 24 (view link or photo in assets) https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4923942517656355&set=a.204896776227643
- Ambitious Entrepreneurs Connect: Networking Mixer – Thu Jan 27 https://discover.events.com/us/california/ontario/e/business/ambitious-entrepreneurs-connect-networking-mixer-prospour-423514894
- Beers and Bitcoin in Beaumont Meetup – Mon Jan 24 https://www.meetup.com/inlandempirebitcoiners/events/szsprsydccbgc/
- Digital Bootcamp (OCIE SBDC) – Tue Jan 25 https://ociesmallbusiness.org/events/digital-bootcamp-2022/
- #IEWP Monthly Meetup (General Meetup) – Tue Feb 1 https://startempirewire.com/event/iewp-monthly-meetup-general-meetup-4/
- Loans For Your Small Business – (4th Sector Ontario) Wed Feb 9 https://santaanadistrictsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/7862
Our goal at Startempire Wire is to act as a megaphone to connect the dots between the best startups, events, and people in the Inland Empire. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.