California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (Go-Biz) has published ‘California Business Comeback guide that contains rich information about funding opportunities, relief programs, and incentives that businesses in California can avail.
With an unprecedented year behind us, every business owner has two things on their mind; recovery, and success.
With so much funding, assistance, and recovery programs underway, it’s often difficult to sift through the 10s of programs and map out the ones applicable to your business.
This ‘Comeback Business Guide’ by Gov-Biz sums up the various programs that offer incentives, funding, and assistance for business owners. Some of the key areas you can get pretty decent support from THE governor’s economics office.
Business Comeback Guide
The business comeback guide lists government initiatives in several categories. These include:
- Business development and support
- Employment and workforce
- Equipment and machinery
- Financing and startup support
- Power and utilities
- Finding funding toolkit
- Business Investment Services (CALBIS)
New Programs and Initiatives
The business guidebook is comprehensive and lengthy. Here are a few new programs to look out for.
- California Competes Grant (Tax Credit): We wrote about the $20M tax credits that businesses obtained under this program here.
- Film and TV Sound stage Tax Credit
- Non-profit performing arts grant program
- Recycling tech feasibility grants
- Zero emission vehicle (ZEV) manufacturing grants
- Homeless hiring tax credit
- Main street small business tax credit II
- Rebuilding fund
Other stories you might find interesting:
- Creating Full-Time Jobs in California Pays Off: San Bernardino County Firms Get $20M Tax Credits
- California Air Resources Board Relocates to a 19 Acres Facility in Riverside, CA
- Walmart to Hire 20K Employees: Southern California to Get its Fair Share
Our goal at Startempire Wire is to act as a megaphone to connect the dots between the best startups, events, and people in the Inland Empire. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.