California CHIPS Act Support: SEMI Hosts Information Session
- SEMI is the industry association representing the global electronics manufacturing and design supply chain.
- It is hosting a virtual information session tomorrow on California CHIPS Act Support in the context of State and Local Government Incentives.
- The CHIPS Act is a $52 billion investment in the US semiconductor industry to improve its competitiveness. The funding will support the entire supply chain, from research and development to manufacturing and workforce training.
DigiFest Temecula 2023: Celebrating the Power of Digital Media
- DigiFest Temecula 2023 celebrates digital media and its potential to transform lives and communities.
- The event offers a valuable learning experience through workshops and insights from renowned industry speakers.
- DigiFest Temecula 2023 is a hybrid event, providing in-person and virtual attendance options.
Sky Zone Trampoline Park Brings Active Entertainment to Rancho Cucamonga
- Progressive Real Estate Partners has completed a lease with Sky Zone for a new 30K sq ft indoor entertainment park at Foothill Marketplace in Rancho Cucamonga.
- The new Sky Zone location is projected to open in 2023 and will offer a fun mix of attractions, including trampoline courts, zip lines, basketball/soccer air courts, dodgeball, and wall climbing.
- Wal-Mart and Food 4 Fewer anchors the Foothill Marketplace and is ideally located at the SEC of the heavily traveled I-15 freeway and Foothill Boulevard, with excellent visibility to over 150,000 cars daily.
Disaster Loans Available for California Businesses and Residents
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is providing federal disaster loans to businesses and residents in California after President Biden’s disaster declaration.
- The SBA offers Business Physical Disaster Loans of up to $2 million for the primary counties of Kern, Mariposa, Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz, Tulare, and Tuolumne.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) are available for the contiguous counties of Inyo, Kings, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Madera, Merced, Stanislaus, Fresno, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alpine, Calaveras, and Mono.
Inland Empire’s Manufacturing Sector Recovers from a Feb Low: Will it Sustain?
- Inland Empire’s manufacturing sector is back on solid ground, as the Institute of Applied Research and Policy Analysis at Cal State San Bernardino reported.
- The purchasing managers index rose to 59.2 in March, significantly improving from February’s 50.8. The increase is due to the growth in production and new orders, with employment and commodity prices also showing positive trends.
- The purchasing managers remain pessimistic about the Inland economy’s immediate future, with only 4% expecting it to improve in the next three months.
A Look at Riverside County Innovation Month 2023 and the Fast Pitch Winners
- Moducan Corporation and Hello Computer, Inc. were the Coachella Valley Fast Pitch competition winners. Guy Assif, CEO of Moducan Corporation, donated his $750 prize to CVEP to support young entrepreneurs and will represent Coachella Valley at the Riverside County Fast Pitch Finale.
- Rossana Jeran, Co-founder and CEO of Hello Computer, Inc., won second place and donated her $250 prize to CVEP.
- Greater Corona Fast Pitch competition winners include 1st is Guavah, 2nd is GenInnovation, and 3rd PPC Ad Editor.
- The remaining events in the Riverside Innovation Month in April include the 2023 Riverside City Fast Pitch Competition, the Inland Empire Chapter of the National Academy of Inventors launch, and the Innovation Month Fast Pitch Finale.
- On Thursday, April 27, 2023, there will be a Riverside County Fast Pitch Finale in Riverside, where the total awards will be over $15,000.
1) 2023 Coachella Valley Business Conference & Economic Forecast – Thu. Apr 20 – 7:30AM [Fantasy Springs Resort Casino]
2) Riverside County Workforce Development Job Fair – Fri. Apr. 21 – 10 AM [1325 Spruce St. Riverside, CA]
3) CBU Family Businesses Center Breakfast Series – Thu. May 11 – 7:30 AM [CBU Innovators Auditorium]
4) Annual LEILA Awards by National Latina Business Women Association – Inland Empire – Fri, May 12 [DoubleTree Hotel / Ontario Convention Center]