The Palm Springs Pitch Competition is an event to showcase the work of an inspiring group of change-makers. These groups have worked consistently for the past nine months to advance their mission-driven venture in various industries. These Inland Empire innovators seek to develop and implement irreversible system change solutions in education, nutrition, social justice, and the labor force.
SEED Lab Pre-accelerator is for early-stage social entrepreneurs and was developed in partnership with the University of California – Riverside Extension. It aims to tap into unrecognized talent within under-served communities and help uplift their ideas by formulating pioneering paths for them.
What is the 2023 Palm Springs event about?
The event is on May 4, 2023, at Annenberg Theater at the Palm Springs Art Museum. The 8-month SEED Lab Pre-accelerator is graduating its 5th Cohort of entrepreneurs and concludes in an exciting pitch competition and graduation. Join the event to celebrate the participant’s growth and achievements by hearing the pitches from cohort members.
The event will last two hours, from 5-7 pm PST, and is accessible to the public. Awards will be handed over by the judges and the University of California Riverside – including specialized certificates. The audience will also participate in the event by voting to choose an audience favorite.
What is the SEED Lab Pre-accelerator 2022/2023 Cohort?
The SEED Lab program is designed to support the implementation of visionary ideas using robust tools to generate social impact. These tools help intensify civic engagement and bring social empowerment and lasting change.
Around 95% of SEED Lab fellows are females representing minority groups, and 100% of these individuals come from diverse backgrounds – not represented in the entrepreneurship sector. The program helps these minorities as the SEED Lab graduates get access to numerous external funding opportunities like the Dream Fund.
Some of the benefits of using the SEED Lab Pre-accelerator are below:
- Give participants technical support and access to $15,000 worth of seed investments.
- Provide the initial push towards launching small-scale mission-driven ventures.
- Pave a seamless pathway toward gaining access to local leaders and industry experts.
- Allows collaboration with numerous small cohorts of highly motivated entrepreneurs.
- Provide 90 hours of personalized training and coaching (in-person and online).
- Lifetime access to the Caravanserai Project alumni network, events, resources, networking, services, and mentorship from industry experts.
- Access to full and partial scholarships.
- Provides specialized certificates and nine professional credits awarded by the University of California in Riverside, Extension.
- Access to personalized training, mentoring, coaching, technical support, and resources – worth $15k program value.