The Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) honored Riverside’s PACT project with the 2022 Sustainability Award. The City of Riverside PACT is a four-part strategy to create a safer, healthier, and more sustainable transportation network.
We Covered this in our Weekly Wire Roundup
2022 Sustainability Awards by SCAG
The Southern California Association of Governments has named seven innovative initiatives as winners of the 2022 Sustainability Awards, including public-private cooperation to develop battery-electric freight transportation (SCAG). The City of Riverside, for its PACT project, is one of seven 2022 honorees.
The Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) has announced its 2022 Sustainability Awards program winners. The awards are meant to recognize local governments demonstrating a commitment to sustainability practices and policies.
The 2022 Sustainability Awards program recognizes local governments that have taken bold steps toward a sustainable future. The agencies they honor demonstrate an unwavering commitment to protecting the environment and improving the quality of life for all Southern Californians.
During SCAG’s Regional Conference and General Assembly on May 5 in Palm Desert, the Volvo LIGHTS (Low Impact Green Heavy Transport) project received top honors for outstanding achievement in sustainability.
The Honorees of the 2022 Sustainability Awards
- The city of riverside, for its riverside PACT project to create active, healthy, and safe communities.
- The Southern California regional rail authority (Metrolink) runs on a fossil-free fuels project for its Metrolink trains. The aim is to clean cities.
- The city of Rancho Cucamonga, for its PlanRC general plan update. This project aimed to ensure efficient and sustainable land use.
- Equity: Port of long beach, for its community grants program.
- The city of El Centro, for its lotus living tiny home project centered around housing innovation.
- Green region initiative: Orange county transportation authority, in partnership with the city of San Juan Capistrano, for the city parcel/2C ranch habitat restoration project.
The City of Riverside, for its Riverside PACT Project
The Riverside PACT is a secure, integrated system of transit that encourages healthy, active mobility for people of all ages and abilities. Throughout the creation of PACT, special attention was paid to results in poor areas.
The Riverside PACT is made up of four main components:
- Pedestrian Target Safeguarding Plan (PTS)
- Active Transportation Plan (AT Plan)
- Complete Streets Ordinance (CSO)
- Trails Master Plan (TMP)
These four strategies will assist the city in providing residents and tourists with robust, sustainable, and accessible transportation alternatives and public places in the future.
PACT proposes strategies that will assist the city in developing reliable and accessible transportation choices for inhabitants and tourists in the future. These plans involve developing financial methods and opportunities to expand transportation alternatives, including walking, biking, and public transportation. The City of Riverside’s mission is to collect community input to create a transportation network that is safer, healthier, and more sustainable. PACT provides a chance to continue looking at local roads and create a long-term strategy.
Benefits of PACT
PACT by Riverside
- Helps the environment.
- Improves the health of the community.
- Boosts the local economy.
- Provides options for safer mobility.
Other News from the Riverside County
The Riverside County Innovation Month Finale Pitch Competition took place on the 27th of April at Temecula City Hall. Swellter, a startup from the Murrieta Innovation Center, competed and represented South West County in the pitch finale contest, winning first place and an award of $12,000.
Swellter is a patient immersion platform that enhances the cancer patient-provider experience by allowing real-time consent, education, and data exchange. Swellter is a channel for oncologists and cancer patients to learn about relevant and possibly transformational diagnostic and treatment choices from laboratories and pharmaceutical businesses. They are committed to developing a game-changing platform that will alter the patient experience and involve all cancer stakeholders.
Rebecca (Owens) Driscoll, the founder of Swellter, Inc., is to be congratulated. Everyone is amazed by her ingenuity! If you haven’t already done so, go to www.swellter.com to discover more about Swellter, and the unique technological platform she’s developing that immerses cancer patients at the point of care.Startempire Wire