The 2022 LEILA Awards will take place at the Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport’s annual awards banquet on May 6, 2022. 14 Latina businesswomen in the Inland Empire will be recognized for their remarkable accomplishments in business, leadership, education, and social activism.
About LEILA Awards
LEILA is an annual awards ceremony that brings together local government leaders and the business community in the Inland Empire to honor local Latina entrepreneurs and celebrate their success, accomplishments, and impact on the communities. Latinas who have proven entrepreneurial leadership and community involvement are among the nominees. LEILA nominees will be honored in three categories in 2022: Latina Executive Of The Year, Latina Owned Emerging Business Of The Year, and Latina Owned Business Of The Year.
They have delightedly announced the presence of the following public policy leaders: Eloise Gómez Reyes is a member of the California Assembly’s 47th Assembly District and Pete Aguilar’s Constituent Representative in the 31st Congressional District.
The LEILA Chairman’s Excellence Award for 2022 will be given to Rossina Gallegos, Director and CSRA Officer Corporate Social Responsibility for the Americas at MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
LEILA Nominees for the Year 2022:
The LEILA nominees for this year are:
- Teresa Samaniego, Vice President of Diversity & Community Engagement, ABC7
- Elizabeth Jinzo, Executive Director and Founder, Designated Exceptional Services for Independence
- Anacani Torres, President, Final Cleaning Solutions
- Maritza Gomez, President, MG Custom Printing
- Belen Gomez, Attorney and Owner, Law Office of Belen Gomez, APC
- Martha Robles, Owner, I-CAM Machining and Robles Realty Group Inc.
- Alessandra Thornton, Owner, Organic Jewelry by Allie
- Angela Saenz-Yañez, Owner, Absolute RV Care
- Claudia Kano, CEO, Community Physicians Medical
- Cynthia Davis-Medel, Founder, Docs Legal Prep, Inc
- Krystal Hernandez, Insurance Advisor, Somos Insurance Solutions
- Marisol Hill, Owner, Adventure RV
- Rosie Lovato, Founder, River Gardens Education Consulting LLC
- Roxana Gorjon, CEO, Driven-Talent
The nominees are chosen based on their achievements and services to their communities through civic groups, educational institutions, professional associations, and volunteer work.
Book Your Space!
Avail the chance to join the LEILA AWARDS and enjoy the honoring of the Latinas who are shining stars paving the way for our future. This year’s event promises to be educational, motivating, entertaining, and memorable!
A Glimpse of LEILA AWARDS 2021
The National Latina Business Women Association Inland Empire (NLBWA-IE)
The National Latina Business Women Association Inland Empire Institute is a non-profit organization designed to lead the development of Latinas in business as entrepreneurs and professionals. With the support of business leaders and community organizations, NLBWA-IE provides leadership development opportunities through seminars, conferences, workshops, and annual events.
Since 2015, the NLBWA-IE has recognized Latinas. Over 250 guests attend the annual event when the finalists are honored for their services to the business community at a black-tie awards ceremony accessible to the public.
NLBWA-IE will provide guests with the key takeaways from their most recent research study, Impacts of Covid-19 on Latina Businesses in Inland Southern California.
For any queries, please use the following contact details to get your answers from NLBWA-IE:
LEILA Awards Nominee Maritza Gomez Interviews Startempire Wire’s Founder
LEILA Awards nominee Maritza Gomez, also the President of Inland Empire chapter to The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) held an interview of Verious Smith III, founder and Chief Editor of Startempire Wire. You can watch the full interview below or click the link at the end to listen to the podcast.