Last month Startempire Wire reported that “Lendistry would manage a new round of grants to assist independent live venues in California that generate most of their income from ticket sales.
The California Venues Grant Program, which Lendistry administered in October and November of 2021, is returning for a new round. CA Venues Grant application window has been extended by 30 days! It’s the best time for performing arts venues, museums, independent movie theaters, and event organizations to apply.
Lendistry is the sole entity designated as the Intermediary of the California Venues Grant Program (the “Program”). You can access more information at the link below.
Grants awarded under this Program shall be equal to the lesser of two hundred fifty thousand dollars ($250,000) or 20 percent (20%) of the applicant’s gross earned revenue in California for the 2019 taxable year.www.cavenuesgrant.com
According to the official details, a venue constitutes;
- A defined performance and audience space.
- Mixing equipment, a public address system, and a lighting rig.
- Engages one or more individuals to carry out not less than two of the following roles:
- A sound engineer.
- A booker.
- A promoter.
- A stage manager.
- Security personnel.
- A box office manager.
- It is one of the three highest revenue-grossing entities, locations, or franchises associated with the applicant.
- For a venue owned or operated by a nonprofit entity that produces free events, the events are produced and managed primarily by paid employees, not volunteers.
How can you use the funds?
- Employee expenses, including payroll costs, health care benefits
- Working capital and overhead
- Costs associated with reopening business operations
- Costs associated with complying with COVID-19 federal, state, or local guidelines