The City of Moreno Valley expands free WiFi to three local parks including Adrienne Mitchell Memorial Park, Moreno Valley Community Park, and Sunnymead Park.
- The Moreno Valley City Council is providing free wifi access to residents and visitors to expand public access to the internet.
- With the addition of the three additional wifi Gardens, Moreno Valley now has 26 sites. Residents of Moreno Valley may use the internet at city amenities thanks to these wifi gardens.
“With our expanded wifi Gardens, Moreno Valley can access the internet for free in more places around the City. “Staying connected is more important than ever, and our innovative wifi Gardens allow residents internet access while discovering our beautiful parks and City facilities.”Dr. Yxstian Gutierrez, Mayor of Moreno Valley
The “ILoveMoVal” network will provide wifi Gardens inhabitants with password-free internet access that started in June 2020. When in and near a city park or a City building, look for the green wifi Gardens signs to access the network.
“Wifi Gardens” to Provide Free Internet
The Moreno Valley City Council offers free wifi to City buildings to increase public internet access.
The Employment Resource Center, City Hall, the Main and Mall Library branches, and other City buildings’ current wifi will be converted to free public access in these wifi gardens. The Cottonwood Golf Center, the Senior Center, and the Community Garden area of the Conference & Recreation Center will all have a free internet connection thanks to the new “ILoveMoVal” network, which will debut on June 22. (CRC).
“Internet access is an essential service today for residents of all ages,” explained Dr. Yxstian Gutierrez, Mayor of Moreno Valley. “And keeping connected is especially important with so many residents looking for work and students learning from a distance.”
Users won’t need a password to use the new network, and signs will mark the location of the new wifi Gardens.
The Community Development Block Grant money allocated to Covid-19 allows the City to expand its wifi network.
Benefits of Free wifi For the Residents
The internet has become an essential part of our lives, especially those who are working or studying. It helps stay connected with family members, friends, and even strangers in other countries.
There are several benefits of free wifi for the residents in these areas:
1) It helps people stay connected with family members back home through social media platforms like WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
2) People can stay in touch with distant relatives and friends living abroad via Skype or Google Hangouts.
3) People can use social media platforms like YouTube or Netflix to watch videos online during their spare time if they can access them on their smartphones.
4) People can use various apps such as Google Maps and Google Translate for navigation purposes and for finding out information about places around them through the internet, as well as other apps
City of Moreno Valley in the News
There’s been a lot happening recently in the City of Moreno Valley. Startempire Wire reported about the Moreno Valley City Council approving over $29 million in construction contracts as a part of the continuing Pavement Rehabilitation Program. Earlier in January this year, The City of Moreno Valley obtained a $100,000 donation from Amazon for the City Mayor’s MoVaLEARNS program. This generous donation was to fund a full year of the MoVaLEARNS program through the Moreno Valley Community Foundation.
It’s always good news whenever a city offers the option to use online wifi. It can make a tremendous difference, both to residents and travelers. It’s even better when it’s free, but this is just the beginning. Moreno Valley promises to continue developing its network of wifi hotspots through further expansion of the wifi Garden program.