- The Industry Growth Forum (IGF), now in its 28th year, is the top event for cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, and experts from business and government to network, present cutting-edge technology, and discover game-changing business solutions.
- The IGF event by NREL, an organization tasked with transforming energy since 1977, will take place on the 2nd and 3rd of May, 2023, in Denver, Colorado. NREL (National Renewable Energy Laboratory) is a national laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, operated by the Alliance for Sustainable Energy LLC.
- The application deadline for the Industry Growth Forum (May 2-3, 2023) was extended until December 9, 2023.
NREL Transforming the Energy
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), the country’s sole government facility devoted to renewable energy and energy efficiency research, has amassed decades of technical experience and market analysis on which the IGF is built.
The organization is steadfastly devoted to achieving our goal of bringing innovative entrepreneurs and driven investors together. They are committed to making it a reality. These relationships are essential for bringing innovation to market and having an impact.
With more than 20 years of experience in event planning, the NREL Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center evaluates the dynamic cleantech ecosystem and designs the event to be the most fruitful meeting of its type every year.
The core objective is to increase the time top cleantech investors spend directly interacting with a group of cutting-edge startup businesses.
IGF – An Event for Innovators hosted by NREL
At the IGF, various startups have presented since 2003 from 17 different nations.
A screening committee of more than 100 cleantech investors and industry professionals selects the presenting businesses from among the applications. Startups that submit get useful feedback from this stringent screening procedure.
Attendees can schedule up to 12 highly-targeted meetings, which are scheduled through an easy-to-use system available to registrants.
Eligibility Criteria for the IGF
The ideal candidates for the IGF are businesses working to reduce waste and enhance resource efficiency, clean energy production, decarbonization, agriculture, circularity, grid resilience, and sustainable material manufacturing.
To qualify, your business must meet the following requirements:
- The company must be registered officially.
- By December 31, 2023, fundraising must be underway.
- The technology and prototype must be established.
- You cannot have spoken at the IGF during the previous two years. (2021 and 2022)
- The terms and conditions must be accepted.
The IGF is dedicated to giving businesses opportunities at all phases of growth. Each candidate will be assessed according to a rubric tailored to their present level to guarantee a fair selection procedure.
The stage category for your application will be determined by the stage of development of your technology, the anticipated time to market, the income status, the kind of funding you are presently looking for, and the team makeup. For further information, please see the rubric after the paper.
Highlights from the 2022 NREL IGF Event
At the 2022 NREL Industry Growth Forum (IGF) on April 13–14, 2022, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) of the U.S. Department of Energy presented honors to five leading cleantech companies. Indio (Riverside County) startup Helicoid Industries from California was among the five awardees.
The only institution used by the US government for research on renewable energy and energy efficiency is the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
The 28th annual Industry Growth Forum (IGF) is the premier event for cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, and professionals from industry and government to network, showcase cutting-edge technology, and find game-changing business solutions.
The best IGF prospects are businesses aiming to improve resource efficiency, decarbonization, agriculture, circularity, grid resilience, and sustainable materials production. On their website, you may apply for the NREL Industry Growth Forum in 2023.